Thursday 9 February 2017

An Angel's Surprise

It’s safe to say What Sarah did…knows how to do birthdays and I for one was the subject of some serious birthday pampering thanks to WSd angels Sarah and Maryanne. All I’d been told was that I had to be on the 10:36am train to Kings Cross and there would be fizz involved. Having got on the train one stop before me, Saz and Maz were easy to spot amid the bleary eyed Sunday morning commuters- one blonde beauty in oxblood leather and the other in a Carrie Bradshaw esque net skirt- a breath of fresh air on a grey morning. Oh and the pop of yellow from a Veuve Clicquot label was like a ray of sunshine. With croissants to soak up the fizz, I didn’t think the day could get any more fabulous…oh how wrong I was! 




We arrived at King’s Cross and headed for the nearest café for a much needed brew. Mid cuppa the surprise was revealed…a sumptuous merlot coloured bag was handed to me, etched with those swoon inducing rose gold words ‘Charlotte Tilbury’. OMG…I had an appointment at the flagship store of the ultimate make-up guru for an oh so fabulous make-up consultation.


 Right in the heart of bustling Covent Garden on the prestigious James Street is Charlotte Tilbury’s flagship store. Upstairs is all about fabulously fast make-up- women who know what they want and who are on a contouring mission. Downstairs is where the slower-paced magic happens and as I walked down the sweeping staircase I was transported into an Art Deco underworld of boudoir beauty. We had reached make-up mecca where the extensive amount of framed magazine covers adorning the walls showcase just a snippet of Tilbury’s work as a make-up artist to the stars. Before we knew it, the three of us had a glass of fizz in hand and were like kids in a sweet shop as our eyes darted between vintage trinkets, boudoir style dressing tables, and an elaborate feather centrepiece. We were in heaven.










Lapping up every drop of lavishness I took my seat in a sumptuous velvet chair with a fabulous WSd angel perfectly poised either side of me. My make-up artist for the next hour was the gorgeous Silvia- an Italian beauty with fabulous corkscrew curls. I was handed an I-pad to scroll through shots of Charlotte’s 10 iconic looks and with the help of Saz and Maz I chose ‘The Uptown Girl’ which promised flawless skin, a perfect grey smoky eye and a sumptuous pinky peach lip.  














For the next 60 minutes we sipped fizz, giggled and hung on Silvia’s every word as she performed mesmerising make-up alchemy. I experienced the famous magic cream which flooded my skin with moisture and not only made it feel super plump but even gave me a somewhat dewy glow! The star of the uptown show was the luxury palette- ‘a beautiful quartet of champagne, oyster and smoky grey hues’. I’m a totally neutral kinda gal when it comes to eyes but the sweep of grey took me out of my comfort zone and into my sass zone. I loved the mesmerising combination of shades and the subtle dash of darkness meant this look was perfect for day to night.




With the final slick of ‘Bitch Perfect’ lipstick applied, the hour of pure unadulterated bliss had come to an end but the fun wasn’t over. As part of the makeover I was able to choose products to the equivalent value of the appointment. I was so astounded by their near-on miracle credentials just displayed to me during my makeover that I chose ‘Browlift’ and the ‘Retoucher Concealer’ as my treats of choice.




I walked out of Charlotte Tilbury with my two fabulous friends by my side, ready for the cobbled runway that awaited me. Said runway led us to a cosy corner of All Bar One where fizz was sipped and fish finger wraps were demolished. Bliss.



Birthday wishes really do come true at WSd…!

To book an appointment for your bestie visit www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/covent-garden-store.html

Rachel x



No comments:

Post a Comment

);